• 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup brandy
• 1 cup ground almonds
• 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
• 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for rolling
• Powdered sugar
1. Melt chocolate and butter together. Stir in brandy.
2. In another bowl, mix together almonds, cake flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a third bowl, beat the eggs together with 1/2 cup sugar until just mixed. Fold in flour mixture. Chill dough.
4. When ready to bake, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll them first in sugar, then in powdered sugar. Bake on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet at 325˚F until the tops are cracked, about 10 minutes.
When cool, the cookies should be slightly chewy. Do Not Overbake!